Sunday, August 24, 2014

Western Themed Clip It Behavior Chart

I loved using my Clip It behavior chart last year in my room. My students loved the idea that they could move up and down the behavior chart all day long. They especially loved earning "gems" and moving their clip to the hall of fame!

Well our school theme has changed to WESTERN this year, so I created my very own clip chart to match. Get it here at my TPT store!
If you have never used a Clip It system, it is WONDERFUL and so easy to implement. It is a great tool that allows students to be rewarded for for positive behavior, while discouraging negative behavior. Each student has a clothespin, or clip, with his or her name on it. 

Here is a before shot! BLAH! 

I had to keep the original Hall of Fame...I thought I used 3M to hang it, but when I started to take it down it pulled the laminate on the cabinet some, so I stopped. So here is how I dressed it up for our theme.

This is what the chart looks like when it is hanging. I must have made it bigger than last year because it took a lot more room up than I anticipated it to!

Everyone will start on GREEN "Read to Learn" at the beginning of each day. Clips can be moved up and down throughout the day based on behavior. 


When a student lands on Super Student, they earn a cowboy foamy for on their clip. I got these cute cowboy foam shapes from Oriental Trading. There are six different shapes in all the colors below - horseshoe, cowboy hat, sheriff badge, horse, and cactus.


I simply hot glue these on the student's clip.  Once they earn 5 foamy shapes, their clip is retired to the hall of fame! Here is a picture of how one of my helpers did their own example clip. I had students put them all over their clip...front, back, stacking...whatever they want!

It is simple and quick. Once my students move their clip to the Hall of Fame, they get to go "shopping" in my reward catalog for anything they choose. See my Western Themed Reward Catalog here. Or if you already have one of my reward catalogs, click here for the punch cards. 

Thanks so much! If you have any classroom management tips or suggestions feel free to post them here!




No comments:

Post a Comment