Saturday, August 16, 2014

Western Pick A Stick

Every year I have my usual pick a stick with student names on them. I've read blogs about painting two different colors so you know who as been called on, etc. As I was sitting at my desk starring off into space instead of getting my room ready, I came up with this idea...instead of using names, numbers. Then I added sticks with TC (teacher choice) and boy/girl. Finally, I decided to add foam western shapes of all colors/types to the top. What I came up with is below.
What I like about the sticks is this...I can pull a student number to call on my kiddos or have a teacher's choice, boy/girl. What I liked better was the idea of quick groupings of students. I could pass all the sticks out and have students group by evens, odds, color foamy, shape of foamy, 1-5, etc. AND now that the sticks of numbers instead of names I can use them AGAIN next year!
Share your ideas, thoughts, or ways of being creative with your pick a stick and quick grouping methods. PS...I got these western foam shapes at Oriental Trading.


No comments:

Post a Comment