Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Daily 5 Western Themed Anchor Charts

My school district started a modified version of The Daily 5 initiative last year. I was one of the "pilot" teachers for this initiative. We spent last summer reading and discussing The Daily 5 in depth and then all last year implementing it during our Title I / Workshop Time. I have to say even though we are doing a modified version, I LOVE the organization and terminology of The Daily 5. It really works well in my room. 

With our building theme change to Western, I created new anchor charts. I used a blank page from Mrs. Magee's Classroom Forms and Substitute Information - Western Cowboy Theme to create the pages. Click here to see it! Mrs. Magee has so many different options and the forms are all editable in word. I used the Western Cowboy Theme one for my teacher binder and substitute binder. 
I create the same exact chart with students on large chart paper first. Once students have mastered which area of The Daily 5 we are working on, then I remove the large chart paper. I put the small anchor chart on the focus wall along with examples of student work and pictures of students working in the center correctly. 
These pictures are from last year. 
So I really liked the basic anchor charts I used last year. I got those for free from Lori Evans on TPT and from her blog. I then got the FREE Stitched Star clip art from Ashley Hughes to create additional posters I needed.
Click both of their names to get the free stuff!

So I used the anchor charts from last year as an example for my new anchor charts this year. 
Get your FREE anchor charts here!
   


No comments:

Post a Comment