Thursday, September 11, 2014

Remind (101)

Here's another edition of Tech Tuesday...on a Thursday!

Our district has initiated a new copy policy this year. To help eliminate the number of copies I use, I have eliminated my weekly news letters as well as all "reminder' notes home. By doing this, I had to find a new way to communicate with families.

Luckily this year ALL of my parents/guardians have cell phones or email access. So I have implemented the use of Remind (formally Remind101).

At Open House last night, my parents were loving this new way to communicate. With today's tech savvy ways with smartphones, it makes it much more sense to use this app!  One parent said I always have my phone, so I can look at the reminders and add information to my calendar. Another parent was so happy to finally find a teacher who liked technology, used it, and tried to get parents/other teachers to use it as well.

The nice part about this app is it takes seconds to set up. I can use my iPhone app or the web page to end parents messages. They will NEVER see my cell phone number nor will I see theirs!

Some of the cool updates include scheduling notifications (I use for test reminders), attaching PDFs, documents, and even pictures. I took a class picture for on my Open House PPT and the parents commented on how cute it was...guess what...it took my longer to walk to my desk to get my phone then it did to use Remind to send the picture to all the parents!

Click here to learn more!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Angela!
    I just found you from TPT! :) Would you be interested in joining a group on FB for PA Bloggers?
    Melissa from Mrs. Dailey's Classroom

    ReplyDelete