Sunday, September 7, 2014

Make a Ten / Ten Frame Clip Cards

I love making my second graders independent because it allows me more time working directly with students one on one. Something new I am trying this year with my kiddos is clip cards. I will be making these primarily for Math, but if I see a need for ELA, then I will make them.

Here is my first set...Make a Ten/Ten Frame Clip Cards. It is FREE on Teachers Pay Teachers!
What I like about this idea is the simplicity
Here is everything you need to make your own Make a Ten clip cards...


I have a bunch of plastic pencil boxes that I purchase and keep in stock. Walmart, Dollar Tree, and Target all have them for less than $1.00 each.  You also need dot stickers (or any sticker of your choice) and clothes pins. I couldn't find colored plastic ones so I had to settle for plain wooden ones. You could paint these or even decorate them. You will also need card stock to print the file out on and lamination. I like using my Scotch laminator because it is heavier than the school laminator.

Putting everything together is easy. Once you print the file, hold it up to the light so you can see the answers. Place the dot stickers over the answer.

Now you are ready to laminate and cut out. Storage is simple...I use blue sticky tack to hold the box label on the front. This way I can change out the Clip Cards as needed.


Then I put the clip cards, clothes pins, and directions inside. I am not sure if I will use sticky tack to secure the directions to the lid or just put it in the box. I will see what works best with the kiddos.


Your Clip Card box is now complete and you have a self checking, independent activity for  your students to use. Students will read the directions, clip their answer, and check it.

Clip Cards can be used for early finishers, for review or remediation, independently, in pairs or small groups, by study buddies, and more!  I will be making more sets soon. If you have an idea for a set please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment